Alpine Elements Ltd is a medium size tour operator specialising in summer and winter activity holidays. The Group takes over 20,000 clients away each year. The Company is seeking to expand their programme in Greece with current capacity of 3000 clients per summer over 3 hotels in Lefkada offering water sports at their RYA Training Centres.
The Head of Operations role reports directly to the Managing Director and will be responsible for the Company’s Beach programme development whilst ensuring the smooth running of all existing Beach Clubs and resorts with a current team of (approx.) 50 staff, managers and HOD’s in Greece.
A very varied role which has challenging duties one might expect of starting and running a business in its own right. Duties will range from operational set up to staff management, reporting, overseeing the finance department, supplier contracting, client relations, (customer service) and quality control.
You will be a natural leader and motivator who will take charge of a growing team and inspire them to have a passion for what they do, and in the delivery of a seamless service. You will be a good communicator and have a head for problems and business, be self-reliant, dependable and resourceful. You will be able to stand on your own two feet, take control of tricky situations and perform you tasks diligently at all times.
You will ensure that all problems within your resort are dealt with quickly and efficiently, display a good work ethic and not be shy of “putting in the hours” when required.
This is a very satisfying role, and one that will require a highly experienced, driven and organised person. It will come with career progression proportionate to the work put in.Duties and Responsibilities: (list is non-exhaustive)
- Hotel and Centre management
- Bar, restaurant management
- Staff Recruitment & Management
- Equipment procurement
- Budget control
- Quality control of holidays
- Customer Service, complaints handling
- Extras / Excursions sales and revenue streams
- Arranging Beach license and Boat paper work
- Management of RYA Training Centre Licenses and credentials
- Management of local Greek licenses and papers
- Management of Greek Company administration
- Overseeing RYA regulations and ensuring programme conformity to RYA and Port Police regulations
- Health and safety aspects of Beach Centre and instructional services
- Over seeing Finance department (1 resort/area accountant) and Banking
- Accounts and office admin (with resort accountant and our firm of accountants)
- Ensuring we maintain budgets and targets for in-resort revenue (spend per guest)
- Implementation of product and beach programme to include:
Sailing instruction (windsurf, dinghy)
Operation of support boat
Paddle boards and kayaks
Bike guiding and bike rentals
Vehicle back up and support
Kids Club for two age groups
- Involvement with marketing literature, brochures, website etc.
- Business developments, new Centres, set up and running
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in multi-site hospitality management
- Experience with Hotel Management
- Experience with running Beach Centres
- RYA qualifications to SI level or candidate must display a clear understanding of how a Beach Centre works with regard to RYA regulations and safety.
- Excellent people management skills
- Clear communicator, high organisational skills
- Extensive knowledge in Health & safety and food hygiene at kitchen / hotel level
- Strong problem solving skills & Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to meet deadlines, often under pressure
- Demonstrate ability to work effectively as a member of the team and proactively contribute to company goals
Basic salary: £30,000 + £5,000 to 8,000 bonus potential (based on performance, revenues, budgets)
Car and accommodation (Greece), mobile phone, travel expenses (Greece) and insurance provided.
Greece and UK based role with extensive travel between both countries. Summer based in Greece: beginning April to mid-October. Winter based in UK: mid-October to end March. UK role is largely set down and set up, with work on financial reports and budget. Kit procurement, boat shows, staff recruitment and brochure work.
Initial six month contract followed by an appraisal leading to permanent position
Start date: Immediate
Please send your CV with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the high volume of applicants, only successful candidates will be contacted.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE