26/01/2012 | 1 comments
A new forecasting app for the android user…
WindFreak is a new global wind and wave forecast application available on Android, designed with Windsurfers in mind. It uses a very clean and intuitive interface unlike any other forecasting applications on the Android market. The app has two versions, the standard free app and the pro app.
- Homescreen Widgets
- Favourites (available offline)
- Choose from map (using Google maps)
- Different forecast layout when you rotate the phone
- Share forecasts to Facebook and other social media
- Request new spots.
- More features to be added in updates
WindFreak currently uses GFS and NWW3 forecast data, but with the support of the users WindFreak aims to run high resolution WRF models on a new server in the near future.
For more information about WindFreak and to put forward any suggestions to help improve the app visit windfreak.org .