07/02/2012 | 72 comments
If slalom is your thing then the new X-Fire, straight out of the RRD factory doors, will feed your appetite. With Antoine Albeau fresh to the team and the shape produced by Finian Maynard and Aurelio Verdi, you can be sure that this racing, carving, speed machine will rock a few podiums this year. Over to the team that know this product the most, RRD…
The revolution is here! RRD has developed the most exciting and performance driven range of slalom boards to ever hit the windsurfing market. The all-new X-Fire V4 sets a new standard in slalom sailing with the introduction of the ‘TT Tail’ ( stands for TORO TAIL ), the next generation of design concepts that will take the world by storm. A comprehensive design and testing program has produced 5 all-new designs that will be the market reference in 2012. One look at these racing machines and you will agree!
The X-FIRE LTD V4 features:
• Fastest boards ever produced in windsurfing. Period.
• TT Tail creates unrivalled control and stability, simply an amazing feeling on the water.
• TT Tail cleverly releases the wetted surface area drag underneath the back foot.
• TT Tail makes these new boards machines accelerating away from the gybe mark.
• Increased wind range on all boards, especially the TT models. Better low and high-end
• New rail design = better gybing.
• Reduced volume and thickness in the nose = reduced weight and easier handling.
• Full-carbon laminations for the 114, 122 and 129. Super lightweight yet exceptionally
• Revised scoop-rocker lines for all boards.
• Maximum attention and accuracy for individually tailored bottom shapes for each new
• Revised cut-out designs for all boards (98, 105, 114, 122 & 129), giving increased
controllable lift with better acceleration.
Models 129-122-114 LTD V4:
EPS / Full PVC 3 mm top and bottom/Biaxial carbon 100 grams on deck/80 Grams UD 80 on
bottom / Custom made technology
Models 105-98-90 LTD V4:
EPS / Full PVC 3 mm top and bottom/ 80 Grams UD 80 on Deck + Glass / 160 Grams Glass
Bottom /Custom made technology
For even more specs then download the PDF by clicking HERE
To find your closest retailer, head to RRD UK importers seaspritesports.com