Check out a highlights movie from Defi Wind 2010, the long-distance race event in Gruissan, Southern France. Entries are now open for the 2011 event – more at www.defiwind.com
1. RULES :
- Minimum age required: to have completed your 13th year on 2 June 2011
- It is compulsory to carry a safety material.
- No « official » start will take place in wind < 15 knots.
- Weight vest shall be strictly prohibited..
- Wearing a wetsuit is compulsory.
- There are no restrictions on equipment.
- Identification will be through the numbers allocated by the organization.
- Discard: only 1 heat discarded for the race (from 4 heats validated).
2. NUMBERS ALLOCATION:
Numbers will be allocated at Palais des Congrès de Gruissan:
(City map downloadable on www.gruissan-mediterranee.com)
- Wednesday 1 June from 10h to 13h and from 15h to 21h
- Thursday 2 June from 7h to 10h
The presence of each competitor is compulsory.
3. INFORMATION MEETING :
The first information meeting will take place on the site of the DEFI Wind, on Thursday 2 June at 13h.
5. AVERAGE TEMPERATURES:
Air temperature: 24°
Water temperature: 18°/19°
6. EQUIPMENT STORAGE:
Your equipment can be stored on the competition site in the area specially reserved for this purpose from 2 to 5 June 8h00.
7. POSSIBILITES OF ACCOMMODATION: information on www.defiwind.com
- Office Municipal du Tourisme (accommodation lettings or rental properties) : +33 4 68 49 09 00