Fancy a summer in the sun? Ocean Elements are looking to appoint a new talented person as head of operation in Greece.Head of Operations Greece
Alpine Element, a medium size tour operator specialising in summer and winter activity holidays is seeking to expand our Team in Greece.
The Head of Operations is instrumental in ensuring the smooth running of the Greek resort. You will be super organised and be able to easily multitask.
This is a very varied role which has duties ranging from the operational set up at the beginning of the season, employee management, overseeing the Beach Program to responding to questions and queries from the UK office.
You will be a natural leader and motivator who will take charge of the team and inspire them to have a passion for what they do and the delivery of a seamless service.
You will ensure that all problems within your resort are dealt with quickly and efficiently, and that nothing is ever too much trouble.Duties and Responsibilities: (this list is not exhaustive)
- Hotel management
- Operational staff recruitment
- Operational staff management
- Quality control (beach and hotel)
- Customer Service, complaints handling
- Extras / Excursions sales and revenue streams (commission led)
- Involvement with marketing literature, brochures, website etc.
- Arranging Beach license and Boat paper work
- Renewal of RYA Training Centre credentials
- Overseeing RYA regulations and ensuring program conforms to RYA and Port Police regulations
- Ensuring programme meets RYA Hotel & Beach programme set up to run to RYA standards
- Accounts and office admin (with resort accountant and our firm of accountants)
- Local licensing, legal and administrative duties (with help from agent)
- Supervision of bars and tills
- Supervision of kitchen and food quality
- Ensuring we maintain budgets for in-resort revenue (spend per guest)
- Implementing full health and safety controls for hotel and beach
- Implementation of product and beach programme to include:
Sailing instruction (windsurf, dinghy)
Operation of support boat
Paddle boards and kayaks
Bike guiding and bike rentals
Vehicle back up and support
Kids Club for 2 age groups
- Ensuring upkeep and maintenance of hotel pool & grounds
- Significant experience in multi-site hospitality management (Minimum 3 yrs preferred)
- Proven track record in Customer Service skills
- Experience of “Seasonal start up” situations
- Excellent people management skills
- Good communication and organisational skills
- Extensive knowledge in Health & safety and food hygiene
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a specialist tour operator environment
- Product knowledge
- Strong problem solving skills & Excellent attention to detail
- Demonstrate ability to communicate accurately, clearly and concisely with the rest of the business
- Ability to meet deadlines, often under pressure
- Demonstrate ability to work effectively as a member of the team and proactively contribute to company goals
Basic salary: £22,000 + £3,000 (based on customers questionnaire results, performance, revenue sales)
Accommodation, travel to resort and insurance provided.
Seven months contract with possibility of permanent
Start date: 18/03/2013
Please send your CV with a covering email telling us why you are the person for the job to email@example.com
Due to the high volume of applicants, only successful candidates will be contacted.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE