09/11/2012 | 3 comments
Jamie Drummond is one of the UK’s top freestyle sailors and has started to compete on the PWA world tour. Whilst out in Vassiliki this summer Tushingham caught up with Jamie to find out a little bit more about him…
1. Name? Jamie Drummond
2. Age? 25
3. Tushingham, Starboard, Mystic, K4 Fins, Ocean Elements
4. Nomad/Fixed abode? A Londoner living abroad since leaving college.
5. Years windsurfing? 6
6. How did you first get into the sport? I originally worked as a wake board instructor in Greece and Turkey. I learnt to windsurf on my second season and quickly realised I’d found my sport and never looked back!
7. Favourite discipline? Freestyle
8. Competition discipline? Freestyle
9. Competition results? 1st Place Dahab Festival 2012, 15th EFPT 2011 Overall, 5th UKWA 2011
10.Favourite UK location? West Wittering – super flat water and waves all at one location.
11. Favourite International destination? Jericoacoara, Brazil