05/12/2013 | 18 comments
After this weekend at Northern Monkey, the first round of the SWA wave series comes home to the oldest stop on the tour, Cardiff.
Since the very beginning of the Student Windsurf Association, Cardiff has been a stop on the tour. The endless selection of perfect wave sailing locations nestled in the picturesque, winding coastline of South Wales just a short drive away from the buzzing Capital city, make it an ideal location for an SWA competition for beginners, intermediates and advanced.
As with every SWA event there will be a party of epic proportions. On this occasion the Saturday night will be spent in your best bargain finds as we head out in charity shop chic.
For the small fee of £15 you get:
• Accommodation provided by the Cardiff Windsurf Club
• Breakfast for 2 days and dinner Saturday night
• Two days of the best windsurfing the UK has to offer, clinics for all levels, at the spot with the best forecast in South Wales or Pembrokshire and entry to the competition.
• 2 awesome nights out in Cardiff.
• A chance to browse the delights of Puravida HQ
The series key sponsor Puravida is based just outside of Cardiff and will host the Prize giving for the weekend’s competition. The event is the first round of the trilogy and an ideal time to start building those points for the series. Remember last year Puravida put up a board for nationals so there is a lot to play for.
“The Puravida SWA Wave Series is supported by Puravida Boardriders in association with Fanatic, North, Ion and the BWA. Taking Students to the best wavesailing locations in the UK with a taste of the British Wave Tour!”