With this year’s National Windsurfing Festival on Hayling Island fast approaching, we asked event organiser Allan Cross for his top 10 of what this year’s NWF has to offer the UK’s freeride community… Of course, he gave us 11!
1. The biggest windsurfing festival in the country with the largest trade exhibition within the UK with the latest equipment on show.
2. A fleet for non national sailors, which is supported and sponsored by the windsurfing industry. Each race sponsored by an importer, after each race prize giving, prizes galore: for gender classes, pre millennium and pre 1985 equipment so you don’t need the latest equipment to be competitive. Prizes for fancy dress, even longboard and wind supping category.
3. Windsurfing gurus giving clinics throughout the weekend, Peter Hart, Simon Bornhoft, Jem Hall, Ant Baker, Jim Collis, Sam Ross and FLOW windsurfing.
4. Free event rash vest
5. Free Parking.
6. Watch the in unique Spartan sponsored night windsurf or take part in the night freeride or night windsurf.
7. There will be a BSA Turbo 15 fleet for all those sailors under 16 and their own night event.
8. The sponsored Tag Team event whereby 1 x freeride sailor will form part of each sponsored team.
9. Free entry into the Spartan NWF & NSUPF Hawiaan themed party with the live band The Heathrow Jets
10. Sunday NWF Freestyle event.
11. Plus this year there will be the first National SUP Festival which will complement the NWF and giving the option for sailors to decide on what discipline they want to enter.
This festival is all about like minded people coming together in a non intimating format celebrating our sport of windsurfing in a friendly fun environment. It’s obvious to me after 6 years we must be doing something right…
This year’s NWF takes place on Hayling Island, 3-4 September 2011 – enter now at www.nationalwindsurfingfestival.com