As Autumn draws in, it could be time to look for that new wetsuit to keep you warm as the waters cool. Boards will, over the coming weeks and months, present you with the top wetsuits and other products to see you through all weathers.
Spartan present the Reflex 5/4/3, which as a single lined suit presents great protection from the elements.
The Reflex is a vertical, zipped overhead barrier sealed suit. The chest lining has a specialist thermal material using the same technology as used in cold weather, technical, sports clothing. Combined with the refined panel layout, adjustable neck seal, water entry to the suit is kept to an absolute minimum; this suit allows maximum flexibility and warmth.
The Reflex is designed for wind sports and will keep you warm and comfortable even in a windchill. 5mm chest and back, 4mm legs, 3mm arms and shoulders with a vertical zip.
Mesh. After the air temp drops below 14C and the wind picks up to force 3+ if you want to stay out on the water all day without getting cold and remain comfortable then the Reflex is able to protect you and keep you warm to the core. It must be a mesh suit we have tested everything and been in long talks with Neoprene manufacture’s who agree with our findings.
Quality of Materials. The Reflex also dries very quickly and does not absorb lots of water as the Neoprene is of a very high quality, the quality of the materials is so important for durability, warmth and the right amount of stretch.
Benefits for wind sports. Specially tailored cuff seals with option of Spartan straps to to allow true baggy arms that will ensure that the wetsuit does not prevent full supply of blood to the hands and therefore prevent cramping. The new water release valve in the leg works a really well. It allows water to run out of a special neoprene valve placed high enough so that if you need to prevent ballooning you can tie a Spartan Ankle strap. It s also a very easy leg to get on and off.
Design essential requirement. Today we all know that we want to prevent water entering a suit as it burns very valuable calories that are better spent on doing your chosen sport.
Tailored 3d fit. A wetsuit must fit well and our suits are tailored to make a 3d shape.
Benefits and features
- 3D Profile: Neoprene is formed to create your body shape, and be comfortable on the water.
- Smooth skin Neoprene: Greatest resistance to wind chill.
- Xtend arm panels: Super flexible arm panels that work with your natural body movement.
- Overhead Barrier zip seal system: No water penetration through zip area, ensuring minimum flush creating an extra seal around the zip and neck.
- Warm chest lining: Wicks away moisture keeping you warm and dry.
- Sealed seams: Eliminates water entry via the seams.
- Water sports neck: Reduces water entry and extends seasonal use.
- New Compound knee pad: Comfortable, flexible and durable.
- New leg drainage: One-way drain holes in calf, stops water ballooning in lower leg.
- Enhanced Neoprene layout: Very warm and durable.
- Over head barrier
- Cuff seals and smooth glide materials
Retail price £199.00
Check out these Spartan recommended retailers:
More items in the Wetsuit Guide: